The cost to become a member of the American Livestock Conservancy is $35 per year. (Click here to see our membership levels)
With an ALBC membership you will:
Be Connected: ALBC has members all across the country and internationally each with a wide variety of backgrounds,skills, experiences, and perspectives. Useyour membership to network with other ALBC members who share a common interest,
expanding your social and professional networks.
Stay Informed: ALBC prides itself on the vast amount of information and knowledge it shares with members. As an ALBC member, you will receive news via email alerts, the quarterly newsletter, and have access to the ALBC’s on-site library. ALBC is at the forefront of the rare breed conservation efforts, and members will have upfront accessibility to industry information as it is developed.
Continue Learning: As an ALBC member, you will have access to professional development opportunities via workshops and clinics. The ALBC annual conference is also an educational opportunity. Members can share their knowledge with other members by sharing posters at the annual conference, submitting articles to the newsletter, and more.
Further the cause: No single organization or individual could save nearly 200 breeds of livestock alone. With your help and the support of your membership, you are helping ALBC to conserve rare breeds of livestock and poultry for future generations. You are making a difference.
Tangible Membership Benefits:
- All new members receive a new member packet that includes introductory materials and information about ALBC.
- All members receive a copy of the annual Rare Breeds, Breeders and Products Directory.
- Members have the opportunity to market their animals and farms in the Rare Breeds, Breeders and Products Directory. ALBC only allows members to be listed in the directory. ["As a personal long-time member of the ALBC, I have found the directory to be an indispensable tool while searching out fellow conservators and helping others to do the same. Likewise, I have been contacted by many folks who saw my personal listing in your directory." - ALBC member Julie Gupton]
- All members receive a subscription to ALBC News, an exclusive publication providing in-depth information about current ALBC activities, breed information, member updates, and more.
- ALBC members receive special pre-publication prices on select ALBC publications.
- Members receive a discounted rate on ALBC’s annual conference.
- Members who have animals or products for sale can post in the ALBC online classifieds.
- Use of the ALBC member logo for marketing and promotion.
- Members who raise rare breeds or are interested in raising rare breeds can get advice and guidance from ALBC’s technical staff.
New Memberships or Renewals
Donate to ALBC